Cammo cash non-payment issue

I reached their minimum payout amount on March 26th, and I still haven’t received that payment. They owe me about $261. I tried to contact them through their NATS messaging system, as well as through email, but I received no reply so far.

This is the same sponsor that manages site Straight Off Base (which is promoted directly through ccbill). As I understand it, their NATS (https://nats.cammo.cash) was made solely for the purpose of promoting their site My Straight Buddy (which I promoted for several years).

It’s a pity because they always used to send payments regularly before, and I had good communication through email with Joe in the past.

I reached min payout in Dec 22 and had received nothing by late March 23, so contacted them twice over a 2 week period via NATS, but heard nothing back. So I then tried emailing to the addy on the My Straight Buddy contact page and also heard nothing. After trying several more times over the next couple of months I ended up pulling all my links to their content, even tho I was still making sales, it was obvious I would never get paid. Lost cause I think.

1 Like

Yes, you are probably right. Just one of the many sponsors that decided to ride off into the sunset with our money.

I think it would be good if Bjorn could make a sticky thread here where all non-paying sponsors can be listed. A kind of hall of shame, so that it can bite them in the ass if they decide to resurrect their program one day in the future.

1 Like

Sadly becoming more and more prevalent. Sad to see studio and affiliates of studios dying out.

It would be a long list…

But yes, this one probably is a lost cause. Luckily not sold much but have outstanding payment since beginning of last year.

I do think it would be good to leverage the collective power of the affiliate side of this business and that would be a good way to do it.

I inform relevant clients whenever a sponsors starts playing these games. Obviously I don’t promote everything so there are a lot of gaps, but I often have clients asking me what they should promote and I have a list of sponsors I advise them are unreliable.

We’re not exactly spoiled for choice these days, though. I haven’t seen any statistics but it certainly feels as though we’ve lost 90% of independent studios over the last 5-10 years, and half of those remaining are becoming increasingly hard to work with, either not paying out, adding new hoops to jump through or just not providing any content for affiliates to promote.

3 Likes