Wordpress 2.9 Has Arrived

Seems like only yesterday it was a twinkle in the eye of the development team, but just in time for before christmas fun, comes the latest, best, and improved version of Wordpress. :bang:

Frankly, I find it annoying as hell. I mean us last minute xmas shoppers can’t waste time clicking and upgrading so close to when everything becomes 70% off, now can we?

On a serious note: The beta was released not long ago, and the release candidate version a day or so ago, and yet now here comes the stable release of 2.9.0 I find that a bit rushed, and given all the headaches they had with 2.8, I am going to wait till after xmas, before I bust my ass to update my blogs.

I mean hell, they came out with 2.8.6 not long ago, and now they figure they have properly tested 2.9 in a few short weeks?

Seems to me, that their testing period gets less and less, in order to satisfy some stupid upgrade schedule, than in providing a properly tested piece of software.

I AM WAITING A BIT. :grrr:

Re: Wordpress 2.9 Has Arrived

is there any urgency to do this upgrade, like security wise?

No, just a new version, with new gimmicks, or whatever, though with these guys, every update/upgrade is said to be safer than the previous, so a must. yeah right :bang:

so i suspect, like the last upgrade, it may be worth holding off till they get upto version 2.9.5 or 2.9.6…that should take maybe a week? :smiley:

Would seem to be the right move, given that the beta hasn’t been out for long, nor the Release Candidate either. I think the RC was out for less than two full days, so I’d wait.

Mind you, for my blogs on the multiblog system, I did upgrade them all, given how simple it was. Upgraded akismet too, and two other plugins that had upgrades thanks to wordpress 2.9

[SIZE=3]Note on Wordpress 2.9 >[/SIZE] Delete is no longer used, instead they use PUT IN TRASH. I wonder, could that be the whole change? lol

After the fiasco of 2.8, you would think they would actually take more time to test, instead of less. I mean 2.8.1 I think came out almost immediately after they released 2.8 then the others seemed to just follow each other in quick succession. Makes no sense to me, why they don’t simply take their time, given it is a FREE program. :bang:

Oh God help us. LOL. Another damn WP upgrade. Things are going fine for me at the moment. “If it aint’ broke, don’t fix it” as they say. So I’ll go with that creedo.

i am surprised 2.9.1 isn’t out yet, its been a day, hasn’t it?

Wordpress 2 9 Has Arrived

Thanks for all the responses, I was kind of testing them both out and I think I will go with wordpress

Now, my next question…

does anyone know of any blogs that do just affiliates? I am still a little unsure about how to go about it…thanks

I am still thinking to upgrade or not to upgrade:)

Re: Wordpress 2 9 Has Arrived

[QUOTE=JemeladampRaF;57924]Thanks for all the responses, I was kind of testing them both out and I think I will go with wordpress

Now, my next question…

does anyone know of any blogs that do just affiliates? I am still a little unsure about how to go about it…thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi there neighbour!

Can you please tell us what you’ve tested exactly? Since you’ve decided to go with Wordpress you’ve probably tested Wordpress and other blogging software.

I am not sure what you mean with your 2nd question. Do you mean to ask if wordpress blogs are being used by affiliates? If so, yes many affiliates do.

Take care

[quote=pocoloco;57943]Hi there neighbour!

Can you please tell us what you’ve tested exactly? Since you’ve decided to go with Wordpress you’ve probably tested Wordpress and other blogging software.

I am not sure what you mean with your 2nd question. Do you mean to ask if wordpress blogs are being used by affiliates? If so, yes many affiliates do.

Take care[/quote]

Spam Bot, so doubt if you’ll get a reply. They sure are getting better at disquising themselves too. :bang:

lol - I found it a strange message already :slight_smile:
So, I have a neighbour spambot ? How nice.

Think I’ll hold off updating for a few days … they usually find something that got left off, left out or broken.