The most idiotic DMCA ever

We all know that the vast majority of DMCA notices are bogus, but sometimes those idiots really outdo themselves. Several days ago I received a DMCA notice from Google and the problematic URL is a tag on my blog which is named “analingus”.

https://lumendatabase.org/notices/43313799

This is a tag that I usually don’t use, but it appeared once on a site that I promote and I just copied it. There is only one post under that tag which promotes website Seehimfuck and definitely does not contain any content from the person who filed the dmca notice.

For those who don’t know, “analingus” means the same as rimming, but it’s more like a formal scientific term that can appear in scientific literature and is not considered obscene.

Well, somebody seems to have a site on onlyforfans that has a similar-sounding name as that tag on my blog (her account is “ana lingus”). The person who filed the dmca notice does not realize that analingus is not a word that can be copyrighted because it has a definitive meaning in English. She didn’t even bother to look it up in the dictionary…

It would be the same if somebody decided to call himself Soft Ware, and then goes on on a dmca spree and starts filing dmca notices to all sites that have the tag “software”…

3 Likes

Wow yeah they have gotten pretty ridiculous but that one takes the cake lol.

1 Like

Got two in one day, both from cam models and content from several different sites.

The problem is, Google algorithm will penalize your site even if the DMCA is obviously bogus. I think the penalty is lifted only when they accept your counter DMCA notice and send you an email about it. The penalty usually manifests as a slightly lowered traffic and rankings.

In some other thread here on this forum you said that you now delete the content in question and then also submit the counter dmca. Do you think that it is a better strategy that may prevent your site from being penalized?

I filed the counter dmca on August 8th but still haven’t heard from them, and I’m now seeing a slightly lowered traffic… i also deleted that stupid tag from my blog…

Actually I changed tactic. Every counter notice I have submitted so far have been accepted without dispute, so now I just keep the content up.

3 Likes