Affiliate Content - 2024

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since this was asked.

What affiliate promo content works for you? What don’t you care for? What clip length converts best for you? Do you care for solo photo sets, or are you only interested in scenes? Do you read the emails that go out, or do you just login to NATs to grab whatever is there?

I very much care! So thanks for asking.

I would love as simple as possible newsletters, they dont have to look fancy, all we affiliates care about is one per line in a email:

• Title of Scene
  • Actor names
  • Description
  • Download link either MP4 video or zip with video and images.

In terms of length, I have experimented a bit and anything up to 8 mins are good but I would recommend 4-5mins. Anything less will get less views or be ignored by viewers. Longer does not mean less sales, its still too short for people to get off on them especially if you make sure to leave out the cumshot / end.

Weekly newsletters or emails works best for sure, it means your update won’t get missed. NATS works as well but its more likely to get skipped because you don’t know when there is something new.

4 Likes

Bjorn nailed it for me. I do use solos as well as scenes and do photo only galleries as well as mixed. I have a dedicated TGP just for those solo photo sets. Love your mailers because everything I need is right there. Great quality, great variety. Your mailing frequency is great, too. I have your latest on top of my to-do stack for later in the day in fact. Now, if there were only more hours in the day…

1 Like

Well while the newsletters look ok, they are actually badly formed (broken html) and not possible to import automatically, this is why I mentioned making them more basic.

We will be fixing that in a few weeks once we have decided what to include in it :slight_smile:

Rob, I am not getting your content affiliate updates to my Gmail email which is registered for my account in your NATS. I’m not sure when I stopped receiving them, but it’s been a while -for at least one or two years. They are not in my spam folder. Can you please look into it?

Could you message me your username and I will take a look.

Wow. I never even noticed. I usually use the emails as a nudge to go log in and pull my information via dumps. There are a couple of sponsors that have absolutely no content in their affiliate areas, but do have it in their emails. I custom build everything, so I am thrilled when the emails include everything I need. My only complaint about MyGayCash is that I can’t pull one single dump in date order for all their sites. I end up pulling each site as I work with it.

Yeah, sadly there some great (well, lets say good) producers like Studio Presse (CiteBeur, etc.) but they are making it really hard to promote their websites with their ridiculously short clips.

They have 5 second clips, like just why? Their “standard” clips are also pretty much useless, because lots of them are 30-45 seconds long. The recently added 3 min clips as well, but only for some older videos. There is also date, which shows the current date, not the date they added the clip, which makes it even harder to know what is new and what is not.

I think clips around 4-6 min are generally good if there is at least something going on, if you have 10+ minutes clips and there is 9 minutes of nothing, nobody wants to watch that just like nobody wants to watch 5 - 90 second clips.

Sorry, writer here = essay :slight_smile:

I don’t check the affiliate emails much, mostly because there’s just so much to wade through on any given day and it’s hard to keep on top of it. Sponsor emails are easily missed among the thousand “I hacked your webcam” and “I’m a philanthropist granny from South Africa” spam.

As my clients generally have a schedule and their sponsor choices are predefined it’s easier for me to just go straight there and get the latest. However, there are some sponsors who don’t update their affiliate content at all, so emails for them are a necessity.

Not only are pics essential for me I have clients who benefit more from solo shoots than hardcore (mostly for model feature posts). I also have instances where I might be promoting the same content for two clients at the same time, in which case it’s better to use a photo shoot with one and video stills for another, especially if they’re going to be promoting their posts in the same places.

I’ve also seen some sponsors disregarding portrait shots and only delivering landscape. Affiliates need both. Some of my clients have blogging formats where a featured image needs to be portrait, others need them to be landscape. Many times I’ve had to abandon BuddyProfits content and choose something else because none of their provided landscape shots could be crammed into portrait dimensions.

Including relevant and clear information in affiliate content is also a necessity. I’m gonna call out BuddyProfits again here. Too often they either don’t provide any text content at all, they don’t tell you who is who, or the story is so convoluted you have to read it ten times and watch the trailer for it to make sense. IMO, everything should be clear in the text. You shouldn’t have to watch the video, visit the site and research the performers just to find out what the story is and which actor is doing what.

This is different for affiliates, of course. You want some intrigue, you want some personality, you don’t want it to read like an Ikea manual. Sponsors have more opportunity to be informative rather than just entertaining.

I write for affiliates and studios, and in the instances where I’m writing for studios I sometimes have the opportunity to write the content affiliates will be using. While it can’t be done every time, I always try to write something simple, compelling and informative. Affiliates should be writing their own content and only using this supplied text as a guide, but sponsors still want it to read like a marketable synopsis for the many who are just pasting it in. It’s a balancing act, but I feel it can be done more often than not.

Honesty is also important. I recently had an experience with a sponsor I promote where the solo scene didn’t have a “finish”. It wasn’t mentioned at all in the text and it wasn’t in the visual media. I had to clarify with them whether there was a “finish” and he got short with me and said there wasn’t. I was polite as I could be about it, but I’m not going to promote a scene where there is no finish and I thought it was disingenuous of him to not mention this in the content. I knew that if I promoted that scene most of the customers I sent would be demanding a refund.

None of my current clients use video so I don’t have much to offer with regard to that.

Thanks for asking, Rob!
Again, sorry for the book report, but I hope at least some of it is useful to you and others.

2 Likes

A good promo pack should have:

• model names
  • scene title
  • scene descriptions (no need to be very long)
  • HD promo photos (20-30 pictures. It would be better if they include cum shots, such as promo photos from Timtales, Darkhall and Belami).

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Outstanding!! While I try to work with what I am given, it is so much easier (read, I promote you more) when I get complete info on the first pass. So many sites now offer nothing beyond what their tour offers - no real trailer, no photos, nothing beyond what you first see. I absolutely love having enough info on hand to make my descriptions meaningful to the scene. I do research my performers as well.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that your new newsletter is great, it’s got everything we need, clean and easy to use.

2 Likes

That is good to hear, thank you!